The Feeding Programme
Poverty is rife across many rural and remote communities across the developing world, and over the past 30-years many have been the African countries which have struggled to feed their people, for many reasons including:
- Devastating droughts caused by climate change
- War and civil unrest
- Disease, which has left many children orphaned and without the skills to farm and feed themselves
The Mumba Children’s Project is committed to delivering a minimum of one-nutritious meal per day to every child in Mpongwe.
This is achieved through the School Garden where children are taught:
- How prepare the land to grow the food they eat.
- How to prepare and cook the food they grow.
- Basic Health and Nutrition
Working together as a community the boys and girls learn to work together as a team under the watchful eye of their teacher and adults from the community.