The Mumba Children's Project is very active in working towards our mission objectives of improving the quality and opportunities of life for the communities we work with both here in the UK and in Africa. While the primary focus of our work is directed to children and young people, we also work with women, young mothers, families, the elderly and disabled. Many of our projects are "legacy" projects and are ongoing, while a very small number of projects have a clear and defined beginning, middle and end.
Supporting the needs of children.
Supporting the needs of girls and boy during their youth.
- Boy Empowerment through Sport - The Football Project for Boys & Youth Teams
- Miss Malaika Charity Pageant
- Back to school campaign
- Girl Empowerment through Sport - The Netball Project for Girls and Youth Teams
- Girls Rights Awareness Project
- Gardening (See Kitchen Garden Project)
- Distribution of Donated: Football & Netball kits and equipment
Women's and Vulnerable Adults Projects
Supporting the needs of Women and vulnerable adults within the community.
- Women's rights
- Women empowerment, through enterprise & craftwork
- Kitchen Garden Project
- Big Knickers Campaign ~ Knickers For Africa Appeal
- The Sanitary Towel Project
- Support Projects for disabled members of the community
- Mental Health Education & Support
- Support for the elderly & frail
Community Health Awareness & General Services:
Providing Health Care Awareness and Services to the Community